Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Why so serious?

Why so serious? I have found myself asking this question. Why so serious? Does being serious equal maturity? Does it make everything all better and the problems disappear? Do I accomplish more? Are my kids happier? Am I happier?

Nope.

A big fat Nope.

I am a goof by nature. I used to want to marry Johnny Bravo. I collected surge wrappers and had a huge ABC gum collection. I would race my mom to the bathroom not cause I had to go but because she did. I would giggle like a little girl til I felt like crying. I still love cartoons. Sponge Bob makes me bust a gut. I cross my eyes and stick out my tongue just because. Ask me to tell you a secret and I will burp in your ear. I dance in my living room at the end of a great movie. I wrestle my brother for whatever it is he has in his hands that I wanted. I get giddy when it's close to Christmas (like starting in September) I love it when my mom rubs my hair still to this day.

Yet I have lost site of all this. I feel that if I act this way judgment would come flying quickly behind it. And yes while there is a time and place for everything I forget that there is a time and place to be fun, quirky, goofy, giddy. To not loose site of the crazy girl that I am and what I love so much about myself.

I'm not a serious person. I've become one. And I'm miserable... Completely miserable. I allow myself to feel guilty for having fun and acting in a way that I feel others would call immature.

But check it. My kids love that side of me. They need to see me laugh and let loose. I don't do it enough and they are now the ones who have become serious. My kids are mini me's and that is a miserably serious person who has forgot that full life includes fun. I can be mature, responsible and a good mom at the same time goofy. So look out people Tiffani got her groove back!

No comments: