Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Time to switch it up

So far this blog has been pretty serious. Diving into the side of my mind that most people don't get to experience. Too bad that side can often be heavy and deep. I'm a thinker it's what I do. I feel energized when I'm alone. This is how I recharge. I take time think about things and possibly think things to death sometimes. I get drained with too much activity, too many people too often. Don't get me wrong I looooooooove the people in my life, but it's the time alone that allows me think and process and refuel for the next day. Unfortunately I can become very serious when left to myself for too long. This is when I stress and become easily annoyed. I need a perfect balance of people and time alone. This is where I am most myself and most at ease.

This Christmas Eve I stayed the night at my parents house. Wasn't really planning on doing that but it was decided it would be more fun this way. Fun to me sounded like work. I had to pack, I had to get a thousand Christmas presents in the car, I needed to clean my house, and I was tired. Fun was sounding pretty lame to me. I find the more isolated I am the more I start to think this way.......

Instead of going to the Christmas Eve service at church I slept. I was beat. Nothing could motivate me as I had let my mind talk me out of anything remotely fun. That night and the next day was the most fun I have had in months. Once I stopped over analyzing everything around me I enjoyed the crap out of myself. I didn't even go home Christmas night I didn't want to leave my family and the fun I was having.

This was a turning point when I began to realize I stopped looking for fun and enjoyment in life. Not cool.

Anyways the whole point of this short turned long blog was to inform that every Friday I will post something fun, something to laugh at and enjoy so every Friday take a few minutes to breath and enjoy what I have posted.

1 comment:

Mandi! said...

huh! that is so crazy- every word reminded me of myself. i often struggle with getting the best of both worlds and keeping it all a happy medium. Take each day as it comes & give it back it to God right from the start- He knows exactly what you need =]