Friday, February 6, 2009

My mom

I just had to blog about my mom. Most of you know and love her. But she really truly does have to be one of the coolest women i know. Something about her makes me giddy excited when she comes around. I know i am about to have a good laugh and a great time when she's there.

Yesterday she came into the thrift store and usually Thursday and Fridays are my suck days cause the end of the week is here and i am now exhausted. But anyways she came into the store to bring me some fruit snacks for the girls.. She made to sure to tell me twice that they were for the girls ONLY. She had gone to the store and bought me a colander and the coolest metal salad bowl i had ever seen. It was so cool. Everyone thought it must be my birthday. Nope it's just another day and my mom loves me. She then pulls a roll of breath savers out of her pocket and lets me know that since i can't eat the fruit snacks she bought me those.... (is that a hint mom??!!) She just thought it would be funny to see the look on my face, she got me licorice too! (licorice looks so much better after receiving a roll of breath mints)
By the time she left i was on an emotional high.She made my day.

Let me tell you why she is so special......
Besides the gift thing, which she does all the time by the way, she taught me it's ok to laugh when i fall or make a mistake, everyone else is anyways might as well join them. She taught me kindness and sensitivity, she taught me to follow what was right no matter how i felt or what other people were doing. She taught me to find joy in ugly situations and that i am in charge of how i feel about things. My attitude my choice. She is a quiet listener and doesn't give too much advise but she hears and empathizes with every word. She is genuine, honest, caring, thoughtful and CRAZY!! Life is never dull or boring when she is around. She makes trips to the doctors office the most fun i have ever had. I have never giggled harder than i have with her, i have never smiled as often as i do with her, i have never felt so safe, loved and at home as i do with her. God has blessed me with an amazing mom and i am so grateful to her for the woman that she has helped me become.

No comments: